Social media, according to Ann Smarty, can be used not only to promote your own websites, products and services, and reputation management, but also to track new trends and detailed analysis of niches and target audience .
Social networks unite living people who discuss in these networks what they are interested in at the moment time . Consequently, thanks to social media you can find out what is happening in your niche right now . You can:
Recently, several services have appeared that allow you to investigate such things as:
1. TweetVolume. The service shows how often your keyword phrase is mentioned in Twitter users' posts, and allows you to compare this indicator with indicators of other phrases.
2. TweetScan and Summize. These are two more services that take data for analysis from Twitter. These services show who discusses your keywords and what exactly they say. To constantly monitor the mood in the niche, you can subscribe to the RSS feed.
3. del. icio us shows similar key phrases and the most popular bookmarks that relate to them.
4. Facebook Lexicon. The service shows what and how actively Facebook users are discussing on their profile pages. Here you can compare key phrases and analyze trends in a niche. Unfortunately, the service still produces results only for very popular words and phrases.
5. Flickr Related Tag Browser. Simple search engine for tags Flickr. Great for those cases where you need to expand your list of keywords with related phrases and niches.