Money was and is one of the objects that plays a crucial role in the life of every person. During the long years of development of money, quite a few changes took place, which formed unusual stories about money.
From the total number of various facts, we decided to pick out the most interesting and share them with you - our readers.
Interesting about money
- In our country, a bill torn in half is of no value. The only thing that can be done is to contact the bank with the part of the bill, on which the serial number is presented, in order to exchange the damaged bill. In Australia, there are several other laws, if you break the Austrian bill in half, its parts will be equal to 50% of the bill. In other words, dividing a 100 dollar bill into 2 parts, without breaking the proportion of 80 * 20 percent, each part will be valued at 50 dollars.
- Back in 1685, in Canada, instead of banknotes, employers who wanted to pay their employees used ordinary playing cards. This happened because of a shortage of coins, and the cards used as money had a certain form, a face value was indicated on them, and a special seal was installed. According to history, in the future, this method of replacing money was used more than once.
- The history of money is accompanied by a set of moments at which currencies were created, with a nominal value in real objects. Valuable metals, animals, and even slaves could be the denomination, but here, under the rule of Cyril I, coins were minted in Torga, half a liter of vodka was minted. Such an amazing measure was accompanied by money in this country, after Estonia seceded from the USSR. Surprisingly, 1/2 LTR coins have been minted so far, but they are commemorative.
- In Yakutia, after the October Revolution, there was a shortage of banknotes. In order to solve the problem, Alexey Semenov, decided to introduce a new bill, using labels from wines. At one of the wine warehouses, he collected a huge number of different labels and, depending on the type of wine, set the nominal value. For example, a label from Cahors, corresponded to 10 rubles. Such "money" served for a very short time, with the advent of Soviet power, they were withdrawn from use.
- An unusual story connected with money took place in 1902 Berlin. A certain owner of the wealth of Preifer, he disliked his relatives and was sure that they all surround him solely because they pursue mercenary goals. In his testament, he indicated that everyone who does not follow his coffin to the cemetery will receive 300 marks, and the rest will be transferred to special conditions only after the funeral. Convinced that the majority of the inheritance would go to charitable organizations, the relatives decided to receive at least 300 marks, without bothering to go to the funeral. The only person who conducted Preifer “to the next world” is an elderly distant relative, as it later became known, she received the rest of the inheritance.
Similar interesting stories connected with money can be enumerated ad infinitum, since in the long years of development of finances, truly non-standard cases have occurred.
You will also be interested in:
- Protection of information on the Internet
- The best books about business
- Income and expenditure of money