No webmaster wanted his site hacked. The security and protection of the site depends entirely on the actions of its creator. Of course, hackers invent more and more sophisticated hacking methods, but thanks to even general recommendations, you can affect the security of the resource.
How do you think your site is protected? If you are 100% sure that fraudsters will not be able to hack it, then you should compare your site with the official sites of Gazprom, Nokia and RBK. All these resources were hacked, despite the multi-level protection and maintenance of competent specialists.
How to protect the site from hacking?
The initial security level is created on the server. Depending on the software, the security level may vary. Most webmasters use the services of hosting providers, which excludes the possibility of using the best, in their opinion, software.
Of course, hosting owners try to provide a high level of security, but not all.
What should be remembered when protecting your resource?
- Checking scripts. A huge number of sites are created by people who do not bother to check the software code embedded in the site. Using the services of questionable advertising services, link exchanges, or simply downloading free scripts on the Internet, they expose their site to certain risks. You need to know at least the basics of the HTML language in order to define scripts that contain unnecessary tags.
- Selection of the site engine. In order not to engage in routine business - creating a website in HTML, many people prefer to use free engines. The level of protection of popular engines is not the highest, especially since you will install various modules, scripts and templates to use them. Even the designer Ucoz to a greater degree protects the platforms created by its use. The most protected sites are resources created on HTML or on samopisnyh engines.
- DDoS attacks. Thousands of sites incapacitate by conducting cyber attacks called DDoS. Their essence lies in a strong load of resources, making a huge number of connections. On the computers of many Internet users installed special programs that allow attackers to use their system to connect to certain sites. Providing 100% protection against DDoS attacks is impossible, but you can prepare for such phenomena and use some of the methods to reduce risks.
This article presents only a small part of the information about the security and protection of sites. If you do not take care of the possible actions of intruders in advance, you can simply lose your resource.
You will also be interested in:
- The negative impact of directory runs
- Video advertising on the Internet
- How to improve your position in Google