In order not to drag the bagpipe and not to make, though brief, but still an introduction to the advantages and disadvantages of an SEO strategy based on the use of long key phrases (which, by the way, you can read in the original article on the ProBlogger blog ), I will immediately get down to business. This optimization method is based on a well-known analytical tool - Google Analytics.
I took some of the images from the original post, because my keyword statistics are still not enough to draw any conclusions based on it, although I still make some attempts, and with proof of their effectiveness serve post Where to get the dough, which now brings me daily visitors (albeit quite a bit) by the phrases of the program for content rewriting and variations on the topic where to get ... In a short time I will publish one more overview of key phrases. Let's see what the effect will be. But back to the topic of the post ...
1. Log into the Google Analytics admin area and select Traffic Sources , sub-item Keywords .
2. Select the category Unpaid if you buy traffic through Google AdWords. So you can highlight free search queries.
3. Define a time frame. Do not be limited to a week or a month - choose from 3-6 months to a year.
4. Now the fun begins: you need to find phrases that attract quite a lot (preferably new) visitors and at the same time have a rather low bounce rate. Here is an example from my blog (not entirely successful, but there is no other one yet 🙂)
And here is an example from the site of the author of the article. Here are the numbers you should be guided by.
5. Check out Google for selected key phrases. Perhaps you can improve positions on some of them. So for the phrase facebook ecommerce the site of the author of the article Get Elastic is in the first place, so there is nothing to touch here. But for the phrase twitter marketing it is only in 8th and 9th places.
This phrase has potential. Moreover, the topic is quite relevant. Therefore, page promotion in the output will definitely bring additional traffic . And in order to promote such a page higher, the author offers to answer the following questions (provided that the text of the article is already optimized for this phrase) and implement the answers in practice.