Many optimizers are afraid to promote young Internet resources, but the belief about the complexity of promotion is wrong. It is assumed that the old domain with other equal indicators will be more successfully ranked in the issue. For this reason, some optimizers acquire the old domain and “hang” it on a new site to facilitate promotion.
However, old domains with a rich history can only do harm, because almost every promoted domain has negative points. So, many of them “sinned” by cheating behavioral factors, filters were superimposed / removed on them, etc. It’s not always possible to learn the history of a domain, but in the process of website promotion, as a rule, something hinders the rise of positions.
The young domain is just the opposite: it is a blank sheet of paper on which you can write a story without a clean reputation. In this regard, it is more stable with changes in the algorithms. If you develop a new project without winding up and spam, then it will always be in issue and its visibility will always be at a good level.
How can you imagine a young domain in an unfavorable light
After starting the site, you want to promote it as quickly as possible: screw PF, buy many links at once, index pages that are not ready for indexation, make directory runs, etc. However, it is these artificial methods of cheating positions that can immediately spoil a good domain name. Today they no longer work or work very poorly, leading to filters and sanctions. Here's what else you can not do if the domain is young.
- If the texts are uncomfortable to read (a solid “text sheet”, too small font) or navigation through the site is inconveniently configured, then behavioral factors will suffer.
- External optimization only by direct anchors is a signal to search engines that the links leading to the site are sales. Their usefulness is reduced to zero, and the site itself earns a bad reputation.
- If pages are not yet ready to be shown to search engines (there is no content, being in the development stage), then they cannot be opened for indexing. For example, if the pages "About the site", "Contacts" are not yet filled with content, the site cannot be shown in the search.
- Perespam keywords (excessive bold, italics), the presence of useless for people pages created for search engines - all this can lead a young site to impose a filter.
- If there are technical errors (no CNC, there are errors in the code, duplicate pages, etc.), then the karma of the domain can be damaged from the very beginning.
All these bad signs can, at the start, make it impossible for the site to compete in issuing in high positions, so it is important to be careful.
How to inspire confidence in a new site
- Tell your search engines about your resource. Even if it is still being developed, you can buy a domain in advance, arrange the main page and open it for indexing. You should do something like an announcement in which to tell what the site will be about. The placement of the subscription form works well: with its help, behavioral factors are increased even with the first visitors.
- Age does matter. The sooner you buy a domain and place the first page, the better. This must be done first thing, as soon as you are going to create a new project. The fact is that the age of the domain takes a countdown from the first entry of the search robot. As long as you create and customize the site, it will "grow up."
- Don't start purchasing links from the beginning. Instead, you can distribute them by commenting on blogs, answering questions in forums and question and answer services. It is important to avoid spam: you need only manual work. At the same time, it is necessary to obtain transitions from the links, which means that comments should be interesting or even intriguing. On blogs, they should be placed higher than others for maximum visibility.
- Set statistics counters. When everything is ready, and the site works without errors, you can put J. Metric and GA. Analytics systems will transmit data to search engines about behavioral factors and help speed up the indexing of the pages of the new site.
- Collect traffic from various sources. Signals about the site should appear from social networks, forums, websites, blogs, advertising. The more diverse the traffic, the better. Referring resources should be similar in topic.
- Add the resource to the DMOZ and Yandex catalogs. So he will get more confidence from search engines. Spend a certain amount instead of giving it to the links immediately after the birth of the site. Refusal to add is a symptom of the need to work on the resource.
- Do anything to encourage people to discuss, add likes, etc. You can make a contest for the best commentators or just start posting comments on articles, because comments are reluctant to comment without discussion.The main task is to increase the number of interactions with the site at the first stage (subscribe, share, leave a message, etc.).
More competent marketing and manual work, fewer markups and more benefits for people - these are the basic modern principles of promoting any resource.
Like articles? Subscribe to the newsletter!