Internet professions are becoming more and more popular, and thousands of people every day are looking for open jobs, and choosing among the options that do not require serious skills.
One of the most common vacancies on the web is the content manager profession. This specialist is engaged in the development of content and content of the resource.
To save time, most site owners hire freelancers to fill their sites and it is worth noting that the salaries of such professionals are pretty decent. You can also get such a job, but before that you need to learn about the main skills of the content manager.
What should the content manager be able to do?
I would just like to say that content is not just text, you can include pictures, videos and other formats here information.
So, what skills do you need to possess in order to become a good content manager?
- You must be literate, because the main part of the work will be related to writing texts (maybe not big ones). Even adding a video, you need to make a description to it, and if it is written with errors, the employer will definitely indicate this defect.
- Most of the content "comes" to the RuNet from abroad, so you must have at least basic knowledge of a foreign language.
- In some cases, you will work with ready-made content (articles from the exchange) that will need to be edited. To do this, you will need to possess proofing skills.
- If the site is quite large, then you will hardly have time to write all the texts yourself, and working with freelancers you will need to draw up technical tasks, this also requires certain skills.
- To fill the site you will definitely need pictures, and in order for them to be high-quality (maybe even unique), you will need to learn how to use graphic editors.
- Naturally, the site owner will be interested in promoting his project, which means that you will need to learn SEO. Optimized content will help to reach higher positions, but developing it is much more difficult.
- Promotion in social networks is also an important point, and this is a separate area - SMO, which will also have to be studied.
- You will have a job without a clear schedule, you will independently determine when and how much you need to work, therefore you must have organizational skills.
- The minimum level of knowledge about each content management system will also be required by the in-demand content manager.
- The final important skill is the ability to quickly find the necessary information. It seems that it is easy, but not everyone can quickly find the necessary data on the network.
Every employee of the Internet must also think about how to improve. There is no "maximum" level of professionalism, so you should definitely improve your skills and develop. The position of a content manager is a good and promising job, but not everyone can do it.
You will also be interested in:
- Protecting content from copying
- Earnings on transcription of media content
- Unique content for the site