Full site optimization consists of many subtleties that must be taken into account. If you do something wrong, you may get the opposite effect, that is, you will not affect the progress in a positive direction, but on the contrary reduce the figures.
In this article, we will present several recommendations for setting up internal links.
Proper internal linking can not only intelligently distribute the weight of pages (puzomerki), but also increase the number of transitions, increase traffic to landing pages and thereby increase traffic conversion. Use the following 8 internal relink tips.
How to make a link?
- To begin with, build a link distribution structure. Select the most important pages, create good anchors for them and start searching for the most suitable places to put them. The most important thing is not to violate the semantic component, the links should competently fit into the general text.
- It would not be superfluous to set up links not only to the context, but also to add them to the bottom of the page or even to the side. To add to the sidebar, use different sections, for example, the best articles, the most readable, etc.
- The main page has the highest attendance, so there must be links to landing pages for traffic conversion.
- Also, to place links to the main pages of your site, use all the materials that are available in one click from the main page or added to the menu (including the side menu).
- Quite often, there are no links on the pages of contacts, information about a blog (company), and so on. Such pages are highly structured, therefore adding internal links to them will not be superfluous.
- An additional menu can be installed on any site in the footer. Yes, the bottom of the page is not the best option, since little attention is paid to this area, but on the other hand, this is a great place to add links to the main pages.
- Not all sites have links in the navigation. This is not difficult to do, in some engines there are settings for installing navigation, and for some plug-ins are created. Navigation looks like the path to the page, as a rule, is indicated at the top of the page.
- Use the tag system to create additional sections on the site. Here again, you will have to develop a specific tag for the main pages of the site and add it to all materials in order to attract as many transitions to the necessary materials as possible.
When setting up internal linking, do not forget that everything needs to be done moderately and too many links can reduce their effectiveness.
Also keep an eye on the statistics to draw conclusions about which pages go more often and determine which links are most effective.
You will also be interested in:
- What is linking and how to make it
- Types of internal linking
- Importance of site positions in the output